Terms and conditions
Thank you for bringing us your smile in exchange for ours! Your good mood is our reason for being!
- Our rooms are not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- Cathedral room with a magnificent view of the water: high bed and steep staircase (not suitable for the elderly and with mobility problems)
- Luxury room with panoramic view of the water: low ceiling and steep staircase (not suitable for very tall people with mobility problems)
- Luxury room with jacuzzi, hammock and suspended bed: steep outside stairs and suspended furniture (not suitable for people of high build and with mobility problems)
- Glamping room: this new concept is luxury camping (camping + glamour)! It is a solarium decorated in Thai style, with 3 glass sides. There is a staircase to access it and the bathroom is in the house, 40 m away. It is not suitable for people with mobility problems or other restrictions.
- Small room with mini bathroom: this room has been designed to accommodate children from families or students. The bathroom is optimized for space, but will not be pleasant for people of larger build or height.
- Economic Chamber: can receive elderly people. The bathroom is shared, but there are grab bars in the bath and toilet. It’s on the ground floor.
- However, it is not suitable for wheelchairs.
These rentals are 100% at your own risk. By booking accommodation and equipment via the Internet or directly, you free the Lac-à-la-Tortue lodge, its owners and operators from any potential liability, for any reason, for the rental of equipment and the risks associated with it. By renting these boats, you agree to have the appropriate physical and mental conditions to use them, to be able to orient yourself on a body of water, to be able to swim a distance greater than that perpendicular to the distance where you will have moved away from the coast, to wear the lifejackets that are rented with the boat, and to be adequately equipped for the air and water temperature. It is entirely your responsibility to assess whether or not you are able to manoeuvre the rented boats and make the chosen route and distances and whether the climate or lake conditions allow it. You must also bring them back to the Gîte. The rate to pick up the boat for you elsewhere on the lake is $30 per person who rented the boat. Additional boats and equipment (paddles, vests, dry bags, etc.) must be returned in the same condition as they were rented. Any breakage or damage will be charged at replacement cost (as it is difficult to find used ones), directly to the credit card used to make the reservation.
Reservation cancellation and travel policy:
Our gite has few rooms and cancellations are difficult to replace. Please make sure you are sure you can come before booking. The cancellation period is 1 month in advance. Otherwise, 100% of the amount will be charged to the credit card. We sometimes accept booking trips, subject to availability and times of year when requested. Our cottage reserves the right to accept or not booking trips less than one month in advance. In the event that this is not possible, 100% of the fee will be withdrawn on the card if the request was sent less than one month before the expected arrival date.
Rules of procedure:
- 1 parking space per rented room
- Towels and sheets provided
- Free Internet access
- No parties or noisy evenings
- Non-smoking establishment (for any accommodation returned with cigarette or marihuana odours, the establishment reserves the right to charge $350 for disinfection)
- Prohibited to pets (for any breach of the regulations, the establishment reserves the right to charge $350 for disinfection, upon our jugement): if you bring many hair from pets, even if you didn’t bring any pets from your home, or let any pet in from the neighborhood, it is the same than bringing a pet in the room: we will charge 350$ to your credit card, as we will have to desinfect it for potential allergies from other guests.
- Any broken, stained or damaged object or furniture will be charged at its replacement value to the customer and charged to the credit card. The scenery is a souvenir of a trip, for the pleasure of your eyes, thank you for taking care of it.
- GST and QST (14.97% of the amount) and accommodation tax (3.5% of the amount) are payable on site, at the accommodation, in addition to the amount paid to AIRbnb or indicated on the website.
- Please adopt the same behaviours here as you would at home. This includes: do not crush the plants when leaving the parking lot, do not open the French window and keep the heating or air conditioning on. It is cold out here in winter and heating is expensive. In the event of non-compliance, we reserve the right to charge additional fees.
We do not enter your bedroom during your stay, to provide you with more privacy. If you would like us to clean your room or bathroom during your stay of several days, just let us know. If you would like us to change your towels, it is also possible upon request.
Towels are available to go to the waterfront or to Parc de la Mauricie, upon request.
Using the outdoor jacuzzi:
10 $/person for people in accommodation. A bathrobe and an additional towel will be provided. Instructions:
- Shower required before use: the creams you use, oils and perfumes are difficult to filter through the spa systems. Would You like to have a jacuzzi with the residues of other people’s creams?
- You MUST close the cover after use to prevent freezing and lower the temperature to 98. Any misuse or breakage will be charged at 350$ +any broken item will be charged so as to replace it with a new one.
- The solarium next door is accessible to spa users ONLY if there are NO glamping tenants.
- The Jacuzzi’s operating hours are from 9:30 am to 9 pm. Beyond these hours, the jacuzzi is reserved for glamping tenants. Please respect their sleep and privacy.
- If there is anything that is not to your liking in your room or during your stay with us, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you. It’s always better DURING THAN AFTER, because it will be too late for us to have been able to improve your stay.